The purpose of the Associate Director is to support the GFM South Asia Base Director in all areas of spiritual and strategic leadership, sound business management, financial oversight, and human resource management. This ministry role is full time and support-raising is required. The Associate Director has the ability to work on site and from home on a regular basis.
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must be passionate about equipping foreigners and nationals in Strategy, Language, Identity, Culture, and Exalting Jesus (SLICE), that His word may be proclaimed among the unreached in South Asia
- Must have at least two (2) years of field experience in a leadership role in South Asia
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience with program and staff supervision
- Must be proficient (complete GRPA Phase 4 or equivalent) in at least one of the spoken languages of our region- Hindi, Bengali, Nepali, and/or Urdu.
- Must be willing to learn the ins and outs of leadership as it pertains to GFM South Asia.
- Must display an exceptional ability to manage projects, budgets, human resources, accounting, and complete monthly reporting on time.
- Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through the GFM Missionary Training School (in person sessions or online)
- Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others.
- Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
- Must function well both independently and in a team environment.
- A College Degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings/experience in leadership, language learning, business as mission, human resource management, organization, church planting, and/or ministry will also be taken into consideration.
- Assist the GFM SA Base Director in providing spiritual direction/leadership for anyone involved with GFM South Asia, to ensure that GFM SA staff remains Christ-centered, above all else.
- Assist Base Director in leadership and oversight of ALL local GFM SA services, activities, finances, leadership meetings, and community relationships. This includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the GFM SA Staff & SLICE program cost spending, budgets, and outcomes. The Associate Director will also assist the Base Director ensuring that assets like land, vehicles, buildings, maintenance, taxes, insurance, and paperwork are completed and submitted when needed.
- Work with the Base Director and others in leadership roles to develop and implement programs/initiatives aligned with GFM South Asia’s strategic direction, seeing that the DNA and core values are being embodied in Hill City.
- Participate as a part of the Global Leadership Team (GLT) in four meetings each year giving organizational leadership and staying accountable to the larger GFM body.
- Provide support to the Base Director for the hiring, supervising, training, evaluation, and firing of local staff and volunteers.
- Create and maintain relationships with local and regional churches, ministries, and partnership agencies.
- Encourage and develop department leaders to help them fulfill their calling and goals.