The purpose of the City Mission Coordinator is to provide guidance, management, and member care for people of all ages during their time on the field on short-term mission trips. He/she will create a short-term program with ministry area leaders in order to fulfill ministry needs with appropriate short-term workers. This ministerial role is full time and support-raising is required. The City Mission Coordinator will be required to work on site during short-term trips and may work remotely otherwise. The role is based out of Atlanta, GA.
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through GFM’s Missionary Training School (in person sessions or online)
- Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
- Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
- Must function well both independently and in a team environment Recommended or Preferred Experience for the City Mission Coordinator:
- A College Degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings in management, organization, leadership, and or ministry are also acceptable.
- Have previous short-term mission experience
- Experience working with MS Office programs, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Provide leadership for and work alongside the Mobilization Administrative Assistant to respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries about service with GFM
- Effectively relate the importance of missions in individual and group settings
- Coordinate logistics for on-field activities – scheduling, coordinate teachers, tours, etc.
- Meticulously track and report scheduling, budgets, short-term events, follow-up, and other trends and metrics to the Director of Mobilization
- Speaking/teaching on various mission related topics including biblical themes, current state of missions, cross-cultural awareness, etc.
- Engage pastors and church staff in missionary sending and care
- Must stay informed of the needs and opportunities within GFM