The purpose of the Director of Apprenticeships is to equip and train people for cross-cultural service among those that have never heard by doing life-on-life discipleship and mentoring with GFM apprentices that have recently completed GFM’s Missionary Training School and decided to begin working with GFM. This ministry and teaching role is full-time. Support-raising is required. The Director of Apprenticeships has the ability to work onsite and from home on a regular basis. The role is based out of Richmond, VA.
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values, and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must have demonstrated experience in cross-cultural work and community outreach
- Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through GFM’s Missionary Training School (onsite or online)
- Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
- Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
- Must function well both independently and in a team environment
Recommended Experience for the Director of Apprenticeships:
- A college degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings in management, organization, leadership, and/or ministry are also acceptable.
- Long-term missions experience with unreached people groups
- Prepare meetings and discipleship rhythms that build on the MTS curriculum.
- Coordinate with other GFM leaders to integrate apprentices into mobilization and multiplication team efforts.
- Engage in life-on-life pastoral care and discipleship with apprentices outside the class.
- Participate in weekly training team meetings, monthly staff worship and staff meetings, pastoral care, and coaching meetings.
- Send a weekly “logistics” email to inform apprentices of any expected assignments.
- Personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values, and statement of faith and identify as a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Stay informed of the needs and opportunities within GFM and in the community.