Can you imagine an army of Christian missionaries being invited into countries that are closed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
We at GFM Houston can.
GFM Houston was established in 2010 and has run multiple Missionary Training Schools, Summer Internships and Short Term Mission trips since then. And in each of these programs, we never had a housing solution that was permanent. We would rent apartments. Sometimes they were close to our ministry locations, and other times they were not. The rents were high and availability was inconsistent. Many times we have finished a program off and then packed all the furniture into a storage unit waiting for the next season when we would unpack and move it all again. The Houston team has committed to seeing this pattern corrected to better steward the resources we have been given and to position us to be more effective in our ministry.We are doing this by focusing our Missionary Training School and Summer Internships to use English teaching as the platform to build Gospel centered relationships with the refugee community of Houston, TX.
Here is our plan:
In order to see the 2025 goal reached, we want to take two steps.
By March 2016 – Purchase two condominium apartments located within a five minute walk of our main ministry location. This will provide housing for up to twelve students with a cost and availability certainty we have never had. Our MTS students and summer interns will live near the people they are teaching English to giving them numerous opportunities to practice what they are learning. The budget for this project is $200,000.
**** 1a. By the grace of God we were able to complete half of this goal as we purchased a single apartment condo with cash. Therefore we are pushing ahead to raise the final $110,000 before March 2017 to purchase a second apartment unit. July 2016 update: God has provided $25,000 of the goal for this next step!
2. By 2020 – Purchase an apartment complex consisting of at least ten units. Up to half of the units will house our MTS students and summer interns. The other half will be used to house newly arriving refugees. We will promote a God-centered community providing peoples who have never heard of Jesus the chance to learn about Him from their neighbors who are being trained on making disciples of the unreached! We expect this project to cost at least $600,000. Some of the necessary funds will be raised through the extra savings and income provided by reaching goal #1.
What is Your Part in This Vision?
We know that God provides all resources for anything that He has called His people to do. Therefore, we believe that these two goals are already fully funded. It is now just a matter of going out and collecting what God has provided for us.
Would you consider partnering with us in two ways?
- Prayer – Ask the Lord to spread the awareness of this vision and it’s goals far and wide. And then to speak to the ones He has chosen to give financially to this project.
- Finances – These goals will be met through the generosity of three groups
- Churches – Please connect us with your missions committee, missions pastor or lead pastor to discuss your congregation’s role in spreading the Gospel to the unreached peoples in Houston.
- Charitable Foundations – Do you know of a foundation whose goal is to support Christian work? Connect us with them.
- Individuals – Would you consider making an investment with GFM Houston? Your gift will help establish a ministry to the numerous refugees that have come and are coming to this city.
We understand that you may have extra questions. So please contact us.
Ready to invest?
You can give online or via mail.
Global Frontier Missions is a registered 501(c)3 charity.