The purpose of the Missionary Training School Director is to equip and train people for cross-cultural service among those that have never heard by classroom instruction in the mornings and oversight of community outreach in the afternoons while doing life-on-life discipleship and mentoring with students. This ministry and teaching role is full-time. Support-raising is required. The Missionary Training School Director has the ability to work onsite and from home on a regular basis. The role is based out of Atlanta, GA.
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values, and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: teaching students, cross-cultural work, and community outreach; Long-term missions experience with unreached people groups is preferred
- Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through GFM’s Missionary Training School (onsite or online)
- Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
- Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
- Must function well both independently and in a team environment
- A college degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings in management, organization, leadership, and/or ministry are also acceptable
- Prepare relevant and insightful lessons for each module based on the MTS curriculum
- Instruct in-person classroom sessions (video discussions, book discussions, Bible studies, and activities) for the Missionary Training School (MTS)
- Invite and coordinate guest speakers from partner organizations to share or teach
- Grade papers and reading assignments and send students grades regularly
- Correspond with current students to answer questions about assignments, outreach and ministry, expectations, rules, etc.
- Communicate with future students to answer questions about logistics, fundraising, etc.
- Coordinate with other GFM leaders to integrate MTS students into mobilization and multiplication team efforts
- Engage in life-on-life pastoral care and discipleship with students outside the class
- Participate in weekly training team meetings, monthly staff worship and staff meetings, staff reports, and slack check ins
- Send a weekly “logistics” email to inform students of assignments, announcements, etc.
- Stay informed of the needs and opportunities within GFM and in the community