Can you imagine an army of missionaries being asked into countries that previously disallowed all Christians? We believe this can be a reality.
It is becoming more and more difficult for missionaries to enter and stay long term in countries containing groups of least reached peoples. Saavy workers are finding strategic platforms and identities to obtain the necessary visas to stay on the field long-term in closed countries. GFM Houston has designed its Missionary Training School to prepare students to enter creative access countries and thrive as church planters. Our missionary training students live in a community surrounded by people from countries closed to the Gospel. They work in an English program with refugees and obtain valuable career experience towards a recognized English as a Second Language (ESL) certification. Combine this experience with a college degree and you can find yourself being offered paid positions as an English teacher in a country that would not welcome you otherwise. Houston, Texas is the most diverse city in the USA and the absolute perfect place for your missionary training!
Some of the key characteristics of the program are:
- Living in a missional community with your fellow students and among peoples from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and many other countries
- Learn and practice disciple making techniques among refugees
- 10-15 hours of experience in an English program for refugees
- Work alongside full time GFM Houston missionaries
- Receive accredited TESOL/TEFL certification**
- Credits eligible for a Bible degree**
- Weekly classroom sessions and community worship times
- Classes start in August each year and end in May
- $8900 total cost* ($890/month) which includes group housing, utilities, and tuition
- Application deadline is May 15, 2017 for classes starting in August 2017 [2016 applications have closed. Contact us if you are still wanting to apply.]
* Cost is for single students who will live in group housing. Married students or students who already live in Houston and won’t be living in group housing should talk to us about cost.
** If all required course work is completed
If you are over 18 and looking for a training that will give you the ability to impact the nations through ESL, this is your choice! Or perhaps you are graduating from college and want to use your skills in missions? Do you believe God is calling you to use business as a mission platform? Let’s talk!
Missions pastors: GFM’s Missionary Training School is the first step for all believers answering God’s call to long- term missions. Each graduate is equipped to stand firm against the enemy’s schemes and abide in Christ on the mission field to make disciples among Tribal, Hindu, Unreligious, Muslim, and Buddhist peoples. GFM graduates bless their sending churches by relentlessly advancing the Kingdom and by igniting their church’s passion for God’s glory among the nations. Let’s partner together to see your candidates come to Houston as a key part of their preparation for long term service.