Do you believe that there could be a city that welcomes the foreign born population so well that it would be known around the world as a place of hope, opportunity and a new life?
Come and join us as we work to engage the physical and spiritual needs through diaspora and migration mission strategies in Richmond, Virginia!
The world is changing extremely fast! Global cities and the movements of people due to modern technology and transportation are rapidly changing the way we engage the world, especially concerning the Unreached People Groups. GFM Richmond has designed its Missionary Training School to prepare students to enter “Global Cities” with a diaspora (movement of peoples) missions strategy. Whether you are wanting to be discipled in how to engage internationals here in America or moving overseas to another country, we prepare you for working in areas with a high foreign-born population. Our missionary training school students will be given practical opportunities to serve around the Richmond area by welcoming, assisting, and acclimating those that call this their new home.
Richmond’s foreign born population has doubled in the past 10 years and is steadily growing year by year and more and more internationals arrive every week. Many of these immigrants, international students, asylum seekers and refugees are from countries that have limited or even no access to the Gospel or Christians. We have a place for you to connect!
Some of the key characteristics of the program are:
- Serving in a missional community that is focusing on meeting the physical and spiritual needs of those among peoples from the International Students, Refugees, Asylum Seekers and immigrant communities
- Be discipled and mentored by our Missionary Training School facilitators who have more than 39 years of on-the-field experience!
- Learn about the Ethnographic/ People Group research and mapping process which is foundational for reaching Unreached People Groups
- Work alongside full-time GFM Richmond missionaries
- Credits eligible for a Bible degree**
- Weekly classroom sessions and community worship times
- $3500 total cost* ($350/month) tuition
- Applications for the start of our training school beginning in August 2016 will not be accepeted after June 15, 2016
If you are over 18 and looking for a training that will give you the ability to impact the nations through serving a foreign born population that God has led to your own backyard, then this is a great option for you! Or perhaps you are graduating from college and want to use your skills in missions? Do you believe God is calling you to use business as a mission platform? Let’s talk!
Missions pastors: GFM’s Missionary Training School is the first step for all believers answering God’s call to long-term missions. Each graduate is equipped to stand firm against the enemy’s schemes and abide in Christ on the mission field to make disciples among Tribal, Hindu, Unreligious, Muslim, and Buddhist peoples. GFM graduates bless their sending churches by relentlessly advancing the Kingdom and by igniting their church’s passion for God’s glory among the nations. Let’s partner together to see your candidates come to Richmond as a key part of their preparation for long term service.
Please contact us to find out more about our missionary training school in one of the most diverse cities in the USA! Questions? Check out the rest of the website or start the application process now!
*Tuition cost does not include housing, utilities or any other personal expenses that you may have while completing the Missionary Training Program.
** If all required coursework is completed