Do you believe there could be a city that welcomes the foreign-born so warmly it would be known as a place of hope, opportunity, and new life?
Join us as we seek to address physical and spiritual needs through diaspora and migration mission strategies in Richmond, Virginia!
The world changes daily! Expanding global cities and large movements of people around the world require that we change the way we engage in missions, especially regarding the world’s yet unreached people groups.
- Do you need to be equipped to impact foreign-born neighbors whom God has led to your city?
- Do you long to use your ministry gifts in overseas’ missions?
- Do you believe God is calling you to use business as a mission platform?
Let’s talk! We will help you to reach your missions’ goals!
GFM Richmond has designed its Missionary Training School (MTS) to prepare students to enter global cities with a diaspora (movement of peoples) mission strategy. Whether your interest is learning how to engage with internationals in America or how to prepare for overseas’ involvement, we will train you to work in areas with high populations of unreached peoples.
Richmond’s foreign-born population has doubled in the past 10 years and is steadily growing, as additional foreign-born internationals arrive weekly. Many of these immigrants, international students, asylum seekers, and refugees are from countries that have limited or no access to the gospel. We view their presence in our city as a God-given opportunity to share the love of Jesus with them.
Along with challenging classroom interaction, MTS students receive practical missions’ experience by welcoming, befriending, and helping to orient our international neighbors in the Richmond area.
Specifics of the MTS program:
- Applicants must be high school graduates
- 5-month program offered twice annually
- Facilitators with 38 years of field experience
- Weekly classroom sessions and worship times
- 12-15 hours of weekly ministry time in the communities of international students, refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants
- Serve alongside the GFM Richmond missionary team that seeks to welcome and assist the foreign-born
- Gain basic knowledge of the Ethnographic/People Group research and mapping process used in locating Unreached People Groups
- $3000 total tuition cost* ($600/month)
- Credits eligible for a Bible degree**
- Applications due two months before the start of MTS
A note for missions’ pastors: GFM’s Missionary Training School is the first step for believers responding to God’s call for long-term missions.
- Every MTS graduate is equipped to stand firm against the enemy’s schemes and to abide in Christ on the mission field.
- Every MTS graduate will know how to make disciples among Tribal, Hindu, Unreligious, Muslim, and Buddhist peoples.
- In addition, MTS graduates will bless their sending churches by relentlessly advancing the Kingdom and by igniting their church’s passion for God’s glory among the nations.
Let’s work together to prepare your candidates for long-term missions’ service.
Please contact us to discover more about our missionary training school in one of the most diverse cities in the USA.
Check out the rest of the website or start the application process now.
* Tuition cost does not include housing, utilities, or personal expenses.
** If all required coursework is completed.
Our team interacted with people from 121 different countries in the Richmond metro area in just five months!