The purpose of the Mobilization Administrative Assistant is to is to work alongside the City Field Coordinator to provide logistical and managerial pre-field preparation for people of all ages before their time on the field on short-term mission trips. He/she will be responsible for getting all the pre-field requirements completed by each short-term team member before field arrival.This ministerial role can be full-time or part time and support-raising is required. The Mobilization Administrative Assistant has the ability to work remotely on a regular basis.
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through GFM’s Missionary Training School (in person sessions or online)
- Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
- Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
- Must function well both independently and in a team environment Recommended Experience for the Mobilization Administrative Assistant:
- A College Degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings in management, organization, leadership, and or ministry are also acceptable.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries about service with GFM
- Maintain timely communication through the entire inquiry to arrival process
- Have a clear understanding of GFM’s short-term pre-field process and communicate it to inquiries
- Handle logistics for pre-field activities – trip dates, deposit, final payments, hotel booking, etc.
- Coordinate with the Short-term Field Coordinator to provide the various pre-field training materials
- Aid in other administrative activities inside of the mobilization department
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must stay informed of the needs and opportunities within GFM