The purpose of the Summer Internship Coordinator is to oversee the development and implementation of an internship program and oversee and coordinate the program while it is running. This ministry role is full-time and support-raising is required. The Summer Internship Coordinator has the ability to work on site and from home on a regular basis. The role is based out of Atlanta, GA.
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a maturing believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must be ready to experience significant missions training and discipleship through GFM’s Missionary Training School (in person sessions or online)
- Must demonstrate humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
- Must display advanced interpersonal and communication skills (Gmail, Slack, etc.)
- Must function well both independently and in a team environment Recommended Experience for the Summer Internship Coordinator:
- A College Degree is preferred but not required; informal trainings in management, organization, leadership, and or ministry are also acceptable.
- Determine price and dates of annual Summer Internship (SI)
- Update information packets, FB group, and website information as needed
- Travel to college campuses for summer intern recruiting
- Correspond with potential Summer Interns and review Applications and Reference forms (also send out Background Check Authorization and acceptance letter once approved)
- Live in Clarkston/Richmond for entirety of summer to coordinate and/or delegate all SI activities during the summer including Ministry time, Book discussions, Kitchen/Food, Coachings, Trainings and House Church
- Conduct exit interviews with interns at end of summer as well as debrief with staff and ministry partners
- Participate in monthly Staff meetings and Ministry Coachings
- Must personally embrace GFM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith and identify as a believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must stay informed of the needs and opportunities within GFM