We have awesome Summer Missionary Internships for missions-minded college students and young adults, typically aged 18-30. These low-cost internships provide a great cross-cultural missions experience right here in the United States while getting exposure to unreached people groups from all over the world. You will be able to get your feet wet in missions by ministering to the Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Chinese, and Latinos that are coming to our country as refugees, immigrants, and international students. Summer interns work alongside full-time missionaries to learn how to effectively build relationships and share the love of Christ with those who have never heard. God is bringing the nations to us! We need to strategically develop friendships and reach out to them. You don’t have to cross the ocean to change the world!
Our Summer Missions Internships focus on our high school, college, adult, and family mission trip participants who come to minister on our short term missions trips. Global Frontier Missions (GFM) interns have the opportunity to challenge the American church to become more actively involved in world missions, while also interacting with people from many different cultures, religions, and countries. Our missionary interns help us perform skits about missions, lead prayer walks, translate into other languages, run summer camps, lead worship, disciple others, teach ESL, and get people excited about what God is doing among the nations!
Additionally, while performing all the leadership and mentorship tasks with the short-term mission teams, we also train our summer interns to take an active role in making disciples among the lost. Because you are living beside unreached people groups, you get to practice Church planting principles like prayer, building bridges and sowing seeds of the Gospel. Our goal is that you will make a disciple of someone who had never heard of Jesus!
BACK for 2016! Houston Summer Internship
We are excited to announce the return of the Summer Internship program in Houston, TX for 2016!
- Live in community with your fellow interns, in one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the most diverse city in the USA.
- Lead English classes for refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, India, Pakistan and many other countries.
- Receive teaching in various forms of evangelism and practice in western and non-western communities.
- Experience missions among unreached peoples from around the world and find your role in the Great Commission.
We can only accept six females and six males, so don’t hesitate to send in your application!
Atlanta Summer Internship 2016
Join us in the “most diverse square mile in America” to work along ethnic churches in Atlanta, GA!
- Be part of a missional community made up of interns, apprentices, and our long-term staff working together for the glory of God among the nations.
- Work alongside ethnic believers and churches to help mobilize, train, and disciple those in the community.
- Receive training in cross-cultural evangelism and discipleship and then given the opportunity to put them into practice.
- Work among the 90+ unreached people groups that God has brought to our backyard.
We are praying for a team of 20-25 interns for the summer. Will you join us? Apply here!
Australia Summer Internship
We are excited to bring you our church planting Internship in Sydney, Australia for 2017!
- Spend 2 weeks in cross-cultural training to prepare you for the mission field.
- Travel to the 10/40 window and help train existing ministries in church planting principles to further their long term work.
- Get hands on experience working with ethnic leaders in their own context.
- Be equipped to train others in church planting principles
We are only taking up to 4 applicants. Apply Now now.
For 2016-17, we are hosting Summer Missionary Internships in Houston, Atlanta and Australia, but hope to soon offer options in Richmond, South Asia, and as well, so check back regularly for updates. All of our current internship opportunities can be found on the right side of this page. Some students in the past have even been able to get college credit for cultural classes, youth ministry, linguistics, and community service (consult your school adviser). As God provides more laborers in the future, we hope to add new GFM locations.