As long as missionary training school students attend all classes, complete all coursework, pass all tests, and do their ministry hours, they will be freely granted a potential 15 units of college credit ($3,180 value) with Eternity Bible College towards their completion of additional certificate and/or degree programs.
Options for MTS graduates to pursue during (and if needed, after) the Global Frontier Missions apprenticeship –
- Transfer credits awarded: 12 for Discipleship Counseling, Missional Church, Worldview, Missions Electives
- Credits still needed: 12 for Bible Study Methods, Old Testament 1 and 2, New Testament
- Total estimated costs (fees, books, tuition included): $2,840
- Estimated completion: end of GFM apprenticeship
- Final Degrees: MTS Certificate from GFM & Certificate in Global Ministries from EBC
- Transfer credits awarded: 8
- Credits still needed: 53
- Total estimated cost (fees, books, tuition included): $12,300
- Estimated completion: 2+ years after GFM apprenticeship
- Final Degrees: MTS Certificate from GFM & Associates in Foundation of Christian Thought from EBC
- Transfer credits awarded: 5
- Credits still needed: 61
- Total estimated cost (fees, books, tuition included): $14,000
- Estimated completion: 1-2 years after GFM apprenticeship
- Final Degrees: MTS Certificate from GFM & Certificate of Biblical Studies from EBC
- Transfer credits awarded: 15
- Credits still needed: 113
- Total estimated cost (fees, books, tuition included): $21,600
- Estimated completion: 3 years after finishing GFM apprenticeship
- Final Degrees: MTS Certificate from GFM & Bachelors of Biblical Studies from EBC
It is important to note that all “lesser” certificates/degrees can be transferred “forward.” Meaning, a student could complete the Certificate in Global Ministries and easily decide to continue his/her education and pursue the Bachelors of Biblical Studies.
During the missionary training school, all Global Frontier Missions students will be required to fill out the Eternity Bible College applications, partnership transfer forms, etc.
Global Frontier Missions charges $600/month for the five month missionary training school (plus $150/month for those wanting to live in GFM housing) which will be paid directly to GFM and includes the “credits awarded” that are mentioned above. After that, all tuition and fees will be paid directly to Eternity Bible College which is around $212 per credit.
Eternity Bible College is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education Commission on Accreditation (5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808) to grant certificates and degrees at the Associate and Baccalaureate levels.
It takes some time for the Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education (CHEA) to update their lists. In the meantime, you may verify our accreditation either through the ABHE website or with this letter from ABHE.
Every effective institution is made up of people working together with a guiding mission. Whether or not you have a process to evaluate and self-examine, every institution is destined to change over time. People transition in and out, while structure and culture change in ways reflective of the people who guide and develop different areas of the organization.
The goal of the assessment and accreditation process is to provide an accurate picture of what, how and why things happen. We also examine how Eternity Bible College may be proactive in guiding changes based on evidence which demonstrates what is actually happening, rather than making decisions based mainly on perceptions or assumptions. We can remain focused on faithfulness to God and the mission he’s given us, instead of reacting to circumstances or every new idea that comes along.
We believe that an assessment process built on a value for mutual accountability among staff, faculty and students promotes an environment of healthy inquiry and honest self examination, which should lead to definitive improvements of all areas. This process takes into account the other groups or people who contribute to the work of Eternity. Donors, supporters, and other advocates will all need to receive accurate and updated information about the institution, which will help them make informed decisions about giving and communicating to others about the mission and purpose of Eternity.
The accreditation process is not so much about following a set of standards provided by some other external organization as it is about establishing our own internal process to ensure that we remain faithful to the work God has called us to do, and allowing others to give us their perspective of our work. Seeking accreditation makes us accountable to others who want to help us remain loving, truthful and humble as we grow.
Eternity Bible College certificates and degrees meet the requirement that a lot of missions sending agencies have (20-30 credits of undergraduate Bible courses) which is the main reason that we started offering this option. Several alumni have found the Bible degree helpful for getting on staff with churches and campus ministries as well.