We have awesome Summer Missionary Internships for missions-minded college students and young adults, typically aged 18-30. These low-cost internships provide a great cross-cultural missions experience right here in the United States while getting exposure to unreached people groups from all over the world. You will be able to get your feet wet in missions by ministering to the Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists and Non-religious that are coming to our country as refugees, immigrants, and international students. Summer interns work alongside full-time missionaries to learn how to effectively build relationships and share the love of Christ with those who have never heard. God is bringing the nations to us! We need to strategically develop friendships and reach out to them. You don’t have to cross the ocean to change the world!
Our Summer Missions Internships focus on our high school, college, adult, and family mission trip participants who come to minister on our short term missions trips. Global Frontier Missions (GFM) interns have the opportunity to challenge the American church to become more actively involved in world missions, while also interacting with people from many different cultures, religions, and countries. Our missionary interns help us perform skits about missions, lead prayer walks, translate into other languages, run summer camps, lead worship, disciple others, teach ESL, and get people excited about what God is doing among the nations!
Additionally, while performing all the leadership and mentorship tasks with the short-term mission teams, we also train our summer interns to take an active role in making disciples among the lost. Because you are living beside unreached people groups, you get to practice Church planting principles like prayer, building bridges and sowing seeds of the Gospel. Our goal is that you will make a disciple of someone who had never heard of Jesus!
Atlanta Summer Internship 2019
Join us in the “most diverse square mile in America” to work along ethnic churches in Atlanta, GA!
- Be part of a missional community made up of interns, apprentices, and our long-term staff working together for the glory of God among the nations.
- Work alongside ethnic believers and churches to help mobilize, train, and disciple those in the community.
- Receive training in cross-cultural evangelism and discipleship and then given the opportunity to put them into practice.
- Work among the 90+ unreached people groups that God has brought to our backyard.
We are praying for a team of 20-25 interns for the summer. Will you join us? Apply here!
Richmond Summer Internship 2019
Join us in Richmond, VA this summer, and play a foundational part in the work that God has already begun in our city!
- Serve alongside our long-term staff and discover how to reach out to, befriend, and share Jesus in a “majority to minority” context that can be applied across the United States!
- Learn principles of working cross-culturally and interact with people from over 121 different countries who now call Richmond “home”!
- Grow spiritually in a missional community of like-minded interns, apprentices, and long-term staff, and see your vision of God and His glory expand!
- Gain experience in disciple-making and raising awareness of God’s heart for the nations during the summer, and walk away equipped to go and do the exact same thing in your city, on your campus, or wherever God leads you next!
We are praying for 4-10 interns who are focused and excited for the summer and what God will do. Could you be one of them? Apply here!
For 2019, we are hosting Summer Missionary Internships in Atlanta and Richmond, but hope to soon offer options in South Asia as well, so check back regularly for updates. All of our current internship opportunities can be found on the right side of this page. Some students in the past have even been able to get college credit for cultural classes, youth ministry, linguistics, and community service (consult your school adviser). As God provides more laborers in the future, we hope to add new GFM locations.